Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas song

Hi guys, here's a song I wrote for the Christmas season inspired by a good read =) hope you enjoy it. I'm still learning how to sing jazz, so it's kinda weird at times, but I hope you all like it

Our Christmas

Staying outside in the cold
Has never felt
So comfortable before
We're trying to keep warm
With arms intertwined
And my hands in yours

Huddled with two in one coat
The warmth of your laughter
On my frozen nose
And I could swear that you glow
The way that your eyes smile
As I hold you close
Snowflakes drift down to the bench where we sit
In the park by your house where we spent our first Christmas with
Cold cheeks and cold fingertips
And only the faint warmth
Of breath from your lips
On mine, your head turns towards mine
Searching for me through the hair
That covers your eyes
It's strange, I'm being drawn in
And I can't resist,
Or I don't want to try

Too late, no time to think twice
Now that your lips have somehow come
So close to mine
So I breathe in and close my eyes
Knowing you've closed them too
On this cold winter night

If you want to hear the rough recording, it's on youtube now under Our Christmas. Quality is terrible for some reason, so I put an mp3 up on my old site. An extra update as well - I re-recorded Things About You. Unfortunately, in both recordings, the room I recorded in was very reverby and didn't give very professional vocal sounds.

2 comments:

Yama said...

jesse...it's funny how you've never really lived in the cold, and yet you can write this song =p.

Doctor Yaolin said...

Jesse,
These songs are awesome! You have a great voice. I'm impressed.
Yaolin