Saturday, October 25, 2008

credit where it's due

I had a facebook binge tonight, where I looked at one picture, and ended up scrolling through about 500 pictures where I was tagged. With each picture, I saw a scene, a memory, an event of some sort, and was able to relive it and recall it pretty clearly. As I did so, memories of other people popped up, and I felt an intense longing to connect with a lot of these people that I hadn't talked with in a while. A few I did; the rest, I hope to.

But, as the title of this post says, I have to give them credit where it's due - walking back through these years makes it clear to me how much I owe these people that appear in my life, in terms of any character development I might have made, in terms of the fun I had, in terms of things I learned. For many, I wish I could write a long letter to them telling them the specific ways in which they impacted me and the reasons for which I remember them.

Eventually, I have to go to sleep (which I plan to do after this blog post), but these pictures and reminiscing kept me up for a good 2 hours. So if you had anything to do with me during my last 4 years and summers, there's a good chance I remembered you in these last two hours, that I wished you were still close enough for me to just walk over and talk to you, and that I thanked you for the ways you changed, taught, and influenced me in my time with you.

1 comment:

Sam said...

My favorite part about this post is the label 'emo'