Friday, March 6, 2009

old (therefore young) version of billy graham

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2009/03/billy-graham-at-harvard-47-years-ago.html

Here's a set of audio clips I found interesting for the following reasons - one, they're Billy Graham at Harvard, speaking to a much different and more academically oriented audience than he typically does. Secondly, it's interesting to hear what kind of talks evangelicals gave 47 years ago compared to today. Graham's style has definitely carried over to most churches, and you can hear that in the talk as well. You can see the way he approached and interpreted issues of his time as well (Communism, moral flippancy, etc).

1 comment:

Mithun said...

The talks were at Harvard Law School.

Sometimes, I'm in awe of the people who have passed through the places I frequent every day. The burden of greatness, the expectations I feel I must rise to, can be overwhelming. Thus far, if I could speak at the Law School as Graham did, I would think myself to have surpassed all judges, senators, and presidents who have gone before me.

Thanks for the links.