Sunday, January 25, 2009

Elegy for an Ipod

After 2 (or 3? or 4?) years, the original 4GB Ipod Nano I purchased from Sam Feng at Rice has powered down for the last time, it seems. Ah little Nano, we had some good times together while you were alive.

We were perpetual running buddies; no one else would accompany me on midnight or 2AM runs at Rice, but you; you never called me crazy.

Alas! we were apart for a such a long time after I let Henry borrow you because he thought he had lost his forever. I never knew how much I missed you until he returned you, but I guess even then I really didn't use you for the next 3 months until I moved here to Austin.

I even bought my car because of you; it had a little 1/8in plug through which I could hear your lovely voice, which was really someone else's lovely voice piped through your lovely circuits.

Ah, who will keep me awake on long car rides now? Who will keep me motivated and pumped as I run? The younger generations of your kind may someday replace you, but they will never be you. Sleep in peace, little child of Steve Jobs.

R.I.P. Jesse's only Ipod
2007(?)-2009

1 comment:

Yama said...

uh. lol. you're such an artist =)